Each military units have a number of points. These are idivided into aspects:
- Attack- either I, C,A, T
- DI (Defense against Infantry attack)
- DC (Defense against Cavalry attack)
- DA (Defense against Artillery attack)
- DT (Defense against Armoured attack)
- Mobility (how fast the unit can move)
- Morale (how much is the unit willing to fight)
- Shock (how much the enemy is surprised)
State armed forces, militias and insurgents always engage in military warfare when they are in a province. However, guerillas and partisans may choose to fight or hide and not engage.
Civilian warfare is more complicated.
Ministry of Interior forces may engage also in military warfare.